POWERbreathe uses the basic principles of resistance training. Just as you might use weights to strengthen your arm muscles, breathing in through POWERbreathe against the variable resistance makes your breathing muscles work harder - thereby increasing their strength and endurance.
Within a few days of using this drug-free, easy-to-use hand-held device, your breathing muscles will feel stronger; within 3-weeks you’ll feel less breathless; and within 4 weeks activities, exercise and sports will feel easier.
- Drug-free & natural with no side effects or drug interactions
- Scientifically proven, pressure threshold training technique
- Calibrated inspiratory load (heavy, medium & light resistance)
- Adjustable ‘heavy’ training resistance (up to 10 adjustable training levels)
- Resistor / training level indicator
- Fully washable design
- Anti-bacterial mouthpiece
- Ergonomic mouthpiece design
- Up to 65% improvement in airflow performance (vs. POWERbreathe Classic)
- Ergonomic grip design
- Fully integrated load mechanism
Use & Care
Simply put the nose-clip on so that it pushes your nostrils together and then breathe in through the POWERbreathe (use a little extra effort than you would to breathe normally), and the device will do the rest. Improvement in breathing efficiency can be seen in as little as 4-weeks. Comes with full instructions.
Laboratory proven training regimen:
Your POWERbreathe will be exposed to saliva during use. We recommend that a few times a week your POWERbreathe should be soaked in warm water for about 10 minutes (see the POWERbreathe Manual for full details), but once a week POWERbreathe should be soaked in a mild cleansing solution instead of water, using the POWERbreathe Cleansing Tablets - only 1 tablet is required each time.
- POWERbreathe Plus Special Edition Resistance Inspiratory Muscle Trainer (black)
- Ergonomic, soft-touch nose clip (also suitable for swimming)
- Fabric storage pouch
- 4 cleansing tablets
If you have any doubts about the suitability of POWERbreathe, or you have a medical condition, please consult your doctor.
Inspiratory muscle training (breathing muscle training), such as training with POWERbreathe, is not recommended for patients with a history of spontaneous pneumothorax (a collapsed lung that was not due to traumatic injury e.g. broken rib), as it may lead to a recurrence of the condition. Following a traumatic pneumothorax and/or broken rib, POWERbreathe should not be used prior to full recovery.
Inspiratory muscle training is not suitable for asthma patients who have low symptom perception and who suffer from frequent sever exacerbations.
Inspiratory muscle training is not suitable for anyone who has recently experienced a perforated eardrum.
Anyone who is under the age of 16 should only use POWERbreathe with supervision from an adult.
This item is the same product of the former Ironman Plus Resistance Inspiratory Muscle Trainer